Today’s post idea comes straight from on of my favorite girls, Natalie! But first, lets recap last night shall we? Last night was my high schools (I’m an alumni) biggest football game of the season. Battle of the Bell against cross town rival Estancia. We have a huge rivalry and even as alumni it’s fun to go back and get in the high school spirit again. Unfortunately, we lost. Only by two though, and not necessarily by player error more of a coaching error. I was sitting in the stands screaming “I could coach this game better.” Yes I do get into football, I have no shame! Even though we lost I still had a great time catching up with old friends. Say Hi to Shannon She’s an old friend but we’re still friends and see each other 5 or 6 times a week! This morning I had the special treat of going out to breakfast with my Dad. I’m fortunate enough that even though my parents are divorced I still live close to both my parents and see them often. We had breakfast at Side Street Cafe and it is seriously the most adorable place ever! There menu’s are handwritten on blue paper! Seriously how cute? The whole restaurant had a straight out of Texas feel and I was loving it! The food was delicious as well, and that’s the most important part right? I went with the Denver scramble. 2 eggs, ham, bell peppers, and onions with a side of potatoes and of course toast! Such a good breakfast! I’m full and happy! 🙂
5 x 5 For Saturday
1. The Big Bang Theory
2. New Girl
3. Criminal Minds
4. Law and Order: SVU
5. Football! Does that count as a TV show?
I still can’t wait for the Bachelor in the winter, hellllllo beautiful Sean! 😉
5 songs that I sing at the top of my lungs when I’m driving in the car alone:
1. Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean
2. Your Song by Elton John
3. Drunk on You by Luke Bryan
4. Any Song by Adele
5. Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift (Any T Swift song actually)
I listen to worship music on Sunday’s and find myself belting out those songs as well! I look like a freak when I drive.
5 things I’m looking forward to this month:
1. HALLOWEEN. Enough said, right?
2. Homecoming. College style!
3. My best friend Chelsea comes home!
4. Colder weather. I know I say this AAAAALLL the time but really it’s starting to happen!
5. Paranormal Activity 4 comes out. (Yes, I’m that lame)
5 Healthy Living Goals:
1. Run a half-marathon. (Give in, right?)
2. Incorporate more strength training and make it a point to get to a BodyPump class once a week!
3. Continue with yoga. I’m doing Courtney’s yoga challenge and the stretching is helping so much. I really need to continue to make it a priority to get my booty there at least three times a week. (Recap coming tomorrow!)
4. Run a sub 8 minute mile! I’m not about speed for my half, I just want to finish it. But I would really like to work on my speed for short distances.
5. Continue to focus on how I’m feeling not the number on the scale.
5 blogger friends that I can’t wait to meet in real life:
The last two bloggers are bloggers I’ve followed for close to year and I’d love to finally get to meet them! I’d love to meet all these inspirational women and hope somehow we can make it happen! 🙂 Healthy Living Bloggers vacation, ladies?!
What’re some of your 5 X 5? Any fave TV shows? Healthy living goals? Any bloggers you’d like to meet in person? Share!
I’m off to get ready for work! See ya lata!